Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Free Space - Twitter

I have had a Twitter account for quite some time, though it is something I never used or fully understood the purpose of. That was probably due to the mass numbers of tweets from friends that would fill up my home page. At that time, I did not see how Twitter could be such a wonderful professional learning network. After "cleaning" my Twitter account, I have successfully started following professionals and educators. I actually utilized google as a tool for searching for the best professionals to follow as an educator ("educators to follow on twitter"). I found numerous lists of information like "Top 50 Educators to Follow" and "Free Technology for Teachers: 10 Teachers to Follow on Twitter." I also found articles like "Every Educator Should be on Twitter!" While I am only beginning my "new" Twitter journey, I am excited about the possibilities of this professional learning network. I am already finding myself opening the app more frequently and using it. I hope to learn new things by using Twitter in a more professional manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment