Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flickr Fail...

It's been a lot of fun trying out new technology and incorporating it with our geometry math unit...the possibilities are endless! Today I tried Flickr with my students. I set up an account yesterday and tested it out using my iphone and computer. I used the email address for instant upload and it worked perfectly and instantly! So, I had a small group of students go on a "geometry scavenger hunt" around the classroom and take photos of lines, angles, and various shapes we've been studying. I offered up my ipad and iphone for students to use, as only one or two others had devices that could take photos and email. Is there something I missed or another way for them to upload to my Flickr account?  Therefore, there were not enough devices for even partners, so I used a sample group of students during centers. They had a GREAT time taking photos, but the uploading was unsuccessful. Pictures did not come through from students using my ipad or their own devices. They only worked on my iphone where the Flickr app was directly accessed. You can see the few that were successful here. Anyway, I will not give up on Flickr yet. I have heard great things and therefore have some research to do. Perhaps this is just another moment when I realize a tutorial would have been worth my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment